Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served.
The actuarial profession is globally recognized as leading experts in risk and financial security, contributing to the well-being of society.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is to:
• Inform and influence global stakeholders
• Assure the reputation of the profession
• Advance the competency of the profession
Membership of the Subcommittee is as defined by the IAA Internal Regulations.
To provide advice and assistance that will support the development, organization and promotion of the actuarial profession and actuarial education in Africa.
To coordinate the response of the IAA and its sections and member associations to requests for assistance from the authorities, actuarial associations and actuaries of the African countries/regions.To ensure that the Advice and Assistance Committee is kept well-informed about the development of the actuarial profession and actuarial education in Africa.
To provide a forum for interaction between actuaries and others having a particular interest in the development of the profession in Africa.
Read more www.actuaries.org
The Actuarial Society of Ghana represents the actuarial profession in Ghana by promoting its role, reputation, professionalism and recognition as well as make meaningful and timely contributions to public policy.
The objectives includes:
1. Promoting the study and discussion of, research into and the publication of matters relating to the Actuarial, economic and allied aspects of life insurance, non-life insurance, employee retirement benefit, health insurance, finance and investment with particular reference to Ghana.
2. Regulating the practice of actuarial profession in Ghana
3. Promoting, upholding and developing the highest standards of professional training, knowledge, practice and conducts among actuaries; and in pursuance of this objective publish codes of conduct and practice.
4. Promotes the status of actuarial profession and all those engaged in it in any capacity
5. Providing a source of reference on actuarial matters for the government of Ghana, Regulatory authorities and interested bodies
6. Fostering and encouraging social relationships amongst actuaries both within Ghana and internationally.
Read more asg.org.gh